Essential oils work hand-in-hand with aromatherapy, a form of therapy designed to use aromatic plant extracts to supply relaxation, healing and cleansing to the mind and body. When done correctly, essential oils stimulate specific areas of your limbic system, focusing on the part of your brain that plays a role in your emotional, behaviour and memory response.
The most popular essential oils and their benefits include:
- Peppermint: Peppermint supplies a shot of energy to the system, working with your sense of smell to awaken your mind and alert your senses of your surroundings.
- Lavender: Lavender works to calm the mind and relax the body. It dulls the senses, focusing the mind to center on a certain thought, lulling your system into quiet.
- Bergamont: Bergamont improvement certain skin conditions, like eczema. When applied directly to the skin, it works to hydrate and revive the skin.
- Rose: Rose works as a mood enhancer for the brain, stimulating feelings of peace, happiness and gratitude towards others and their surroundings.
- Lemon: Lemon aids in digestion for the body, removing impurities from your system and helping the excretion of bad chemicals from your digestive tract.
To understand how essential oils will affect you, discuss your personal health history with a trained professional before implementing aromatherapy. Depending on your skin type and mental health situation, essential oils provide more harmful effects than benefits.
The experts at Lighthouse Nutrition know their essential oils. With their guidance, you’ll find the essential oils that work best for your lifestyle and physical well-being, without having to worry that about the side effects that follow.
So stop by Lighthouse Nutrition today and let our trained professionals provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to change your life for the better– improving your mind, while improving your body.